Wednesday, January 21, 2009

HOPE!

How exciting was the Inaugural?! For the first time, I watched it. I actually watched our top elected official promise to uphold the Constitution. Streaming online, even! I had Twitter up, commenting on the events and posted a status on my Facebook account, too. It was thrilling to be a part of the festivities, even on a small level.

I had hoped my kids would watch it in school. They said they only watched bits of it. I'm glad I had set our DVR to pick it up. We watched it together last night. History in the making.

As hopeful as I am that this President will be different, I am skeptical. I remember how much I believed in another President who wound up embarrassing the Office and the country with his sexual antics. I felt betrayed by that man and the circus he created. I hope I never feel the same way about President Obama. He does seem to have more integrity than that other guy, but I still can't help but think he's also just a politician. I hope I'm wrong. I hope he can fulfill the statements he made in his speech. I hope.

2 comments:

  1. Hope. WOTD and WOTY on 1/1.

    You and me both.

    This was my final tweet / facebook update yesterday.

    "Here's my thought today. Wouldn't it be great if Obama said 'I don't give a damn about being reelected. We need to fix this now regardless.'"

    I hope he's not just a politician. It would sure be a refreshing change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping he remains, in 4 years, the man he seems to be right now. I'm hoping his advisors don't screw up the system too much. I"m hoping our trust in him proves to be well-placed.

    ReplyDelete