Sunday, May 3, 2009

One Good Thing

I am determined to be positive here today! A couple of weeks go, my pastor had a sermon on finding the one good thing that had happened that day. It really seemed like she was speaking just to me. I have been focusing on the bad stuff, because there's been so damned much of it! But I am going to focus today one one good thing. Okay, maybe more than one. I have a friend who blogs about 3 beautiful things. This is a great idea I have always been too pessimistic to attempt, but I'm giving it a try today.

1. I have more support than I ever realized. I was really overwhelmed by the number of posts, both on here and on FaceBook to my previous blog post. Everyone made me feel like someone heard me, and that someone cared. Thank you all for reaching out to me in a dark time.

2. This was a beautiful day. I spent some time on my porch swing, reading. This has become my favorite way to spend my free time. So relaxing!

3. I took a 2 hour nap!! Blissful sleep that too often eludes me at night--aahh.

4. My husband cooked dinner tonight. Best lasagna ever!! I will be able to take it for lunch, too, so I don't have to worry about that all week.

5. I have a wonderful mom who took the time to make my favorite cake for me. I adore HER red velvet cake, but it has cocoa powder in it. I gave up chocolate for Lent, and could not have any on my birthday, which fell during the season. We finally found a day that she could come over and make the cake with me. The cake was delicious, but the time spent with her was precious and delightful.

6. My children are both smart asses. I can imagine you are thinking, "That's a good thing?" Well, yes it is. They are both intelligent, quick thinkers who can zing me when I least expect it. That always makes me laugh.

That was easier than I thought it would be. Six good/beautiful things! I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment