Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Tag

My friend Cat sent this to me, and it looked like a fun way to wrap up the holiday.

1) Wrapping paper or gift bags? Usually wrapping paper for family, but gift bags for everyone else. They are easier to carry to and from a party.
2) Real tree or artificial? Artificial. I've had live trees and they are much more work.
3) When do you put up the tree? Usually the first weekend in December.
4) When do you take the tree down? New Year's Day.
5) Do you like eggnog? Ick--no.
6) Favorite gift received as a child? Something Barbie--probably her big yellow mobile home. I always wanted the townhouse, and never got it. My friend Michelle did, though, so I got to play with it at her house.
7) Hardest person to buy for? My husband. He usually wants electronic or stereo stuff. It's easier to just get him a gift card or have him buy it himself and give it to me to wrap.
8) Easiest person to buy for? My mom.
9) Do you have a nativity scene? I have about 10 throughout the house. That's the whole point of Christmas, right?
10) Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A polyester pants suit that my grandmother got me when I was about 12. It was blue and red checked--horrible. I can't imagine what she was thinking.
11) Favorite Christmas Movie? Well, I love "A Christmas Story." But I guess I like kids' animated specials better: the Grinch, Year Without Santa, Rudolph--the classics.
12) Favorite Christmas song? O Come, O Come Emmanuel.
13) Travel at Christmas or stay home? We travel in town on Christmas Eve and stay home Christmas Day.
14) Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? The only ones I can remember doing that for were white elephant gifts.
15) Favorite ornament theme or color? I have several. I prefer red, green and clear lights for the tree. Any ornament my kids made is very special to me. The angel on top of our tree is one that I made in Camp Fire Girls when I was 9 or so. It has been at the top of every tree I've ever had. I also have a small collection of Christmas outhouses that make me laugh.



I am tagging:
Megan
Wendy
Julie
Mary
Brandy

I want to add that Christmas was hard this year without my dad (see previous post). I broke down a couple of times and could only watch some of "A Christmas Story," my dad's favorite Christmas movie. However, the lasting memory I will take from this year will be playing Rockband with my kids. We laughed a lot and had a great time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment