Tuesday, November 11, 2008

10 Random Things About Me

Here are my 10 random things that Helene challenged us to do.

1. I love dark chocolate, which most people know. I like milk chocolate, too, but prefer dark. Strangely, I do not like chocolate chip cookies.

2. I have never seen "It's a Wonderful Life" all the way through. Seen the beginning, the end, and parts of the middle, but never the entire movie in one sitting. Every year I plan to do it, and every year I don't.

3. I LOVE "Family Guy." I know it's rude and crude; I don't want to laugh, but I do. (I just realized that rhymes. That was not intentional.)

4. I read the ending of every book I read before I get to it. Actually, I usually read the first 50 pages to get interested, and then skip to see how it ends. If I like the end, I finish the book. I tried to not do this with "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodie Picoult. BIG MISTAKE!!! I did not read the end of the Harry Potter books first, either, but I did look to see what the last word of the last book was.

5. I still have a stuffed dog, Bridget, that my grandmother gave me when I turned 1. She is in terrible shape (all her fur is gone, you can see where I had to do surgery on her years ago), but she means more to me than any other thing I own. She has a small couch that she sits on in my bedroom. I have given my family instructions to cremate her with me when I'm gone.

6. I've gone skiing once, and I will never go again. The most embarrassing moment of my life happened on a ski slope. I was on the tow rope, going up the baby hill, and I fell. Yes, I fell on the way up. On top of the tow rope. When you fall on a tow rope, it stops. This causes all of the other skiers on the rope to fall, too. I was not the most popular person on the slopes that afternoon.

7. I collect elephants.

8. I have never been to the Ohio State Fair. Well, technically, I was there once since my mom went when she was pregnant with me. But since I don't remember anything, I'm not counting that.

9. The only B I got in library school was in my children's services class. That's a bit embarrassing since that is what I do every day now.

10. My fantasy career would be to be a Broadway singer/actress/dancer. Since I am fairly uncoordinated (see #6), that was not to be. Second fantasy career would be an archaeologist. Since I really don't like heat, bugs or the outdoors in general, it's probably a better fantasy career than a reality. I'm glad I fell into libraries. If I wasn't doing this, I would probably be a teacher.

Well, there you have it. 10 random things about me. They seem fairly boring to me (no meeting famous people or living in fabulous places). I look forward to reading everyone else's random things.

Edit: just remembered one I wanted to include.
11. My full name is Kimbra, not Kimberly. I hated it when I was a kid, because it was different. Now, I really like it and get mildly ticked when people assume my knick-name is short for Kimberly.

3 comments:

  1. I wanted to be on Broadway too. If you haven't seen my 10, here is the link. Missy's Random 10 List

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to be on Broadway, too! Closest I've ever gotten was when I marched in the Macy's parade. Hey, I danced on Broadway . . . right in the middle of the street in front of Macy's, as a matter of fact! LOL

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good list, Kimbra! :-) I had an embarrassing skiing incident, too. I was so scared on the steep slope down that I finally took off my skis and walked down the mountain! Everyone on the ski lift could see me.

    ReplyDelete