Thursday, March 19, 2009

Vacation, All I Ever Wanted

I have a blissful 11 days off starting in about 45 minutes. Actually, I have learned the real term for what I am doing is a "staycation" since I am not actually going anywhere. My kids have Spring break next week, and I am joining them. I am also adding an extra couple of days off for my birthday. I do not believe in working on my birthday and take it off every year.

We might go to the art museum to see the new Egypt exhibit or to Franklin Park Conservatory for the butterflies. I am planning a day trip up to Ashland, Ohio. Why? Because that is the home of Grandpa's Cheesebarn, a lovely store right along I-71 selling homemade cheeses, tons of cute gifts, and chocolates (next door at Sweeties). We found this place on one of our trips up to Niagara Falls, and now it is one of our favorite places. So, we are certainly driving up there.

Other than that, it will be a wonderful week of sleeping in. There will be a ceremony tonight, turning off the alarm clock. I can't wait. I will be keeping in touch with Facebook and Twitter, of course. If I were going somewhere, maybe I'd be completely unplugged. But since I'm home, I have to keep up with news somehow. I will, of course, have to fight my kids for computer time.

My break is over now, so back to work for the last half hour. I can make it!!

2 comments: