Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to Work (and Play)

This week's assignment is to play with Flickr. Lots of fun! I found so many great pictures of places I have been or wanted to go. I thought it would be boring looking at other people's pictures, but it really wasn't. I can see how it would be so much easier to share pictures this way instead of emailing them. I have tried to email pictures before, only to have the email not go through because the file was too big. This site is much nicer. Plus, I can add titles and descriptions. Way cool.

Here are a couple of pictures from inside the Hilltop branch. We are so lucky to have these beautiful artifacts to look at everyday. The Hilltop area was once home to the Central Ohio Psychiatric Hospital (1877-1991). Long time Columbus residents will remember passing the structure at the junction of W. Broad St. and I-70.

It was a gorgeous old building that unfortunately became too costly to keep in good repair. So, it was torn down. Luckily, many of the interior pieces were saved and Hilltop's architect incorporated these artifacts into our design. So now we have a piece of Hilltop history still living in our present.

1 comment: