Monday, September 22, 2008

#15: Wikis

This is another "thing" that I am not very familiar with. Of course, I have used Wikipedia, but I've never edited it. I find it scary, not interesting, that ANYONE can edit a page. What happens if someone erases all of my hard work? I guess I could go into the recent changes page, and see who the culprit was, but I would still have to re-do any work that person deleted. I think it would cool to start a CML "What I'm Reading Wiki" for either CMLsi or the main webpage. No fancy covers or long blurbs, just a list of what each staff member is reading. It might be useful for program planning too, if several staff from area branches were planning the same program. Perhaps staff gathering books for the Capitol Day teacher presentation could post the titles they are considering. Or, the SRC booklists could be created this way, instead of meetings or a flurry of emails. I will keep thinking about applications for this tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment