Tuesday, September 2, 2008

#8 RSS Feeds

This was really neat. I have noticed those icons, but never really knew what they meant. I've been following several co-workers' blogs, and I had wished the participants list had a "updated" notice. Now I have one! Instead of clicking on each blog, I've entered them into my blogline list, and can instantly tell which blog has been updated. Very handy. No more disappointment at loading the blog, and seeing nothing new to read. I know CML is already using RSS feeds to let customers know about new items. I hope customers are taking advantage of this. I routinely show customers the printed lists we produce for movies we've purchased and upcoming book publications. I will make a point to start asking them if they have RSS feeds, too. But, ugh!!!! ANOTHER user name and password!!

1 comment:

  1. Check out the RSS feed reader called Wizz RSS if you use Firefox. No password to remember.

    ReplyDelete