Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Thing #13: del.icio.us

This was a pretty handy tool. I can see how it could be used to replace all of our rolodexes and notebooks of information. Very easy to find stuff, too. I LOVE the way HFAR is using it!! I will have to remember it's out there (or assign someone here to create an account for Hilltop reference use and be sure HFAR's is linked). I don't have that many websites that I use for research, so I'm not sure I would use it on my own. I also don't have that many websites or blogs that I monitor, so keeping them linked to my favorites is no big deal. But, it would be nice to be able to take them with me in 1 website instead of having them be computer-specific. I might have to play with it and see if it works for me. But I don't have a laptop, so if I'm not at work or at home, I'm not on the computer anyway. I will certainly pass this one on to my kids, though. They are both in middle school and will soon be working on research papers of their own. What a time saver this will be for them! I'm thinking back to my stacks of barely-legible notes I took for my own research papers. How I wish this had been around when I was in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment