Wednesday, September 3, 2008

More RSS fun, or not (Thing #9)

I was disappointed that several of my favorite sites do not offer this cool piece of technology. I still have to visit them the old, slow way! After watching the CommonCraft video, I thought it would be a great idea to have lcoal gas prices sent to my bloglines account. But I couldn't find a feed. The best I could do was to link columbusgasprices.com to my favorites list. That seems so...antiquated now. I am amazed at how quickly I adopted a bit of technology that I didn't see a use for until yesterday. I liked the Topix site, but not the Syndic8 one. I liked the way Topix was arranged and when I followed the link from the CML blog site, it took me right to the local page. It took a little bit of playing yesterday to figure out the bloglines add/edit system. But, once I got it, it seemed easy. I did some more searching today for Thing #9. Now that I'm looking for the feed icon, I don't seem to be seeing it on as many websites as I thought I would.

1 comment:

  1. You probably already discovered this, but Columbus Gas Prices has some code you could add to your blog in the form of a widget.

    ReplyDelete