Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Thing #19 CML's Toolbox

Well, I feel like I'm cheating on this one. I have had the library tool bar on my home computer for awhile now. I've found it extremely helpful, especially when I'm off work. It's so easy to check to see what items have come in on my account and to check for new items, too. I have been using many of the Power tools we list, too. Twitter and Gmail are my new best buds. And I tried del.ici.ous and Library Thing in previous things. So, I tried loading StumbleUpon. So far, all it's done is clutter up my browser bar. I guess I have to add some sites to be able to start connecting with people. I will try that later. I can't believe we're at Thing #19! Only 4 more to go. I'd really love to see this continue with other sites and tools. I feel like we've only scratched the surface, and there is so much more to learn. This has been the best training EVER at CML. Thanks to all of those who created and led it.

Update: Just learned about the highlight feature. OMG!! How cool! I constantly read about books online, bring up our website, and then type in the title to search for it. This highlighting is SO MUCH faster!! I love it. This has been the "highlight" of my day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment