Monday, October 6, 2008

Thing #17: Google Docs/Web-based Apps

This is really interesting. I used to have a packing list for trips, but that was on an old computer. I've never updated it, and I spend a long time HAND WRITING a packing list for every trip I take now. (Why???) Also, as I am creating the list, I might think of something at work (while I'm away from the list), so I write it down on a scrap of paper. Hopefully, that scrap makes it home, where I add the item to my list. If I have this document on google documents, I can update it whenever and wherever I am. I also added my husband as a collaborator, so in the (unlikely) event he thinks of something I haven't, he can add it, too. So, here is my draft list (uploaded from google). If you think of something I don't have on there, please add it in the comments. My next trip is a weekend getaway to Frankenmuth, Michigan in a couple of weeks. My daughter, my mom and my mother-in-law are taking a girls' weekend to shop at Bronner's Christmas Wonderland, the largest Christmas store in the world.

PACKING LIST
x # of outfits (x=1 day more than you will be gone)

Outfits= jeans/shorts

shirts

sockies

undies (tops and bottoms)

Medicines: stuff for everyone (Tylenol, tummy stuff, etc.) and individual meds (R, L, me)

Makeup

Hair stuff (brush, hairdryer, mousse, hairspray)

Deod

Toothpaste/brush

Camera

Jammies

Jacket

Umbrella

Maps/directions

Cooler: pop, water, ice

Food: snacks, breakfast

Paper towels

Handiwipes

2 comments:

  1. book to read

    book on tape for the car

    swimsuit

    I often go camping, so I always have to add things like tent, sleeping bag, air mattress. For my husband I have to be even more specific. Once he packed the tent and forgot to pack the tent stakes. Another time he remember the stakes and forgot the tent. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I completely forgot those important items!! I easliy added them to my list.

    ReplyDelete